Spring Cleaning with Mohawk
March 02, 2018
Now that things are (hopefully) warming up outside, it is the
perfect time to tackle Spring head on. When we mention spring
cleaning, most people think of all the obvious things that need a
little TLC around their homes. Some think of the floors and
furniture that may be a little scratched up from pets or playful
children. Others think of all the clutter that may be left over
from the holidays, or the dusting that hasn't been taken care of
since the new year. However, most people seem to forget about one
of the largest focal points of their homes- their cabinets.
Whether they are in the kitchen or the bathroom, chances are
that your cabinets could use a little TLC this spring. Luckily
Mohawk has you covered with our
Cabinet Care Kit. This kit contains everything you will need to
clean and maintain your cabinets.
This kit can also be used on any piece of furniture that is
finished with lacquer, varnish, conversion varnish, polyurethane,
UV cured finishes, and many others as long as the finish is not
cracking. The Cabinet Care Kit contains:
- 8 OZ. bottle of Cabinet and Furniture Cleaner (which is a water
based cleaner that works well on light to moderate dirt and will
not affect the finish)
- 8 OZ. bottle of Plush Cabinet and Furniture Polish and Restorer
(which is a cleaner and preservative for wood finishes and is
designed to maintain the original sheen of the finish)
- Cleaning and Polishing Cloths
- Dusting cloth
This kit can be used for multiple cleaning jobs but is not
to be used on oiled wood, cracked finishes, or unfinished
To use the Cabinet and Furniture Cleaner, you will use the
- Start off by filling a bucket with 1 gallon of water.
- Shake the bottle of cleaner thoroughly, and measure out 4
ounces of cleaner (since it is a concentrate, you can use 1 ounce
of cleaner to 1 quart of water for smaller jobs).
- Pour the cleaner into the water, and stir the solution until
the cleaner is completely dissolved.
- Immerse the Cleaning and Polishing Cloth into the cleaning
solution until the cloth is completely saturated.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the cloth.
- Clean the wood surface with the dampened cloth.
- When the cloth becomes soiled or dry, re-wet the cloth in the
cleaning solution and continue cleaning. Be sure to open the doors
in order to clean the wood behind them.
To use the Plush Cabinet and Furniture Polish and Restorer, you
will use the following steps:
- Shake the polish well before using.
- Apply Plush Cabinet and Furniture Polish and Restorer sparingly
to a soft, lint free cloth.
- Disperse the polish evenly throughout the cloth by squeezing
- Use the cloth to wipe the polish on to the surface.
- Wipe the surface dry with a clean, absorbent cloth.
If you would like to see this kit in action, you can watch it here.
Will you be working on your cabinets this weekend, or will you
be working on a different project? Share your projects with us on
Twitter, and Instagram. See
you next Friday!